About Jamie Piper
Jamie Piper is a longtime commercial animal photographer who shoots for established national and global pet brands and international ad agencies.
She specializes in high production value shoots producing premium images for advertising and packaging use.
Top ten things
1) Jamie’s first commercial photo shoot was for a dog massage therapist in 2003.
2) 99% of Jamie’s clients come to her asking for the same thing: engaging, joyful, authentic photos of people and pets.
3) She lives in the city of San Diego and shoots regularly in San Diego county, Orange County and Los Angeles.
4) She prefers to work with pro animal and human talent agencies, but also has a 350+ So Cal dog model database, plus access to great ‘real people’ talent in So Cal.
5) Jamie has a full team she works with: assistants, producer, digitech, stylists, trainers, etc. She is a true partner on her projects, and works tirelessly toward common goals.
6) She loves road tripping (ask her about her 9-month road trip with Fergie!).
7) Jamie has done commissioned photo shoots around the country, and has shot in over 15 U.S. cities.
8) Her favorite thing in life is dogs.
9) She also loves craft beer, kombucha and zombie movies, is a night-owl and has a great sense of humor.
10) She wants you to look through her outttakes gallery, which she feels is the most important gallery on the website.
- Kriser’s Natural Pet
- Mars Petcare
- Pet Naturals
- The Honest Kitchen
- Fresh Pet
- ABC Studios
- Workman Publishing
- Brilliance Publishing
- Kensington Publishing
‘MADLY in love with the shots. Brilliant job on this shoot…you guys have really managed to capture the authentic and candid dog moments that we’ve been talking about.’ -Dave Griffin – Marketing Director at Mars Petcare
‘These (photos) are a HUGE upgrade from what we’ve had in the past.’ – Eric Yager- Brand Manager at Bailey Brand.
‘…we could not have done this without your patience and professional candor/experience! We knew we had the right partner early on and are so grateful for your whole team.’ -Audra Nebolini -Associate Creative Director at CBX
‘It was an absolute pleasure working with you guys. You gave us 200% … and I so appreciate that. Thank you for being so organized and thoughtful and focused.’ -Leigh Rodwick – Marketing Director at Kriser’s Natural Pet.
‘Your work is quite honestly phenomenal Jamie! I’ve been doing this for 2 decades now and I am so happy [my client] backed my decision to hire you.’ -Sarah Cronin – Art Director at Bluehaus
‘Client is LOVING the photography, along with all of the art directors working on the account!’ -Karly Erickson- VP of Creative Services at Rinck
‘You really did an amazing job capturing all of the distinct personalities of the pups!’ -Kate Fenner- Digital Marketing Manager at The Honest Kitchen.
A delightful surprise came in the mail one year. Jamie’s photo they chose for the program is called ‘Curious Cooper’.
Recognitions / Awards / Features / Interviews
- IPA pets category honorable mention- Fergie Dreams personal project
- APA Off the Clock- ‘Curious Cooper’
- Modern Dog Magazine feature- Graffiti Dogs Project
- Cesar’s Way Magazine feature
- Professional Photographer Magazine feature- pets issue
- Dog Fancy Magazine feature
- Simply Color Lab feature
- Dog Art Today feature
- Phetched feature- Graffiti Dogs Project
- Petfinder feature
- Hair of the Dog podcast interview
- Gina Mcillan podcast interview
- The Pet Photographer’s Club interview
One of Jamie’s early film photos. Sophia & Chris, circa 1989.
Jamie’s friends Lucy and Willa. The first pet photos she ever created in 1999. She still misses the girls.
Knuckles and Jude. Dearly beloved friends.